In commercial real estate today, you can develop some real and relevant contact strategies when it comes to new clients and current contacts. When you do this correctly and proficiently, your market share will grow and your listing opportunity will significantly increase.
Many agents simply do not prospect or network enough. They also overlook the value of ungoing contact when it comes to established prospects and clients.
The cycle of a commercial real estate transaction can be many months if not years. The prospect that you identify today may not be ready for a property transaction for some years. This then says that you should remain in contact in a relevant way over the medium to long term. That is what top agents do.
The property market has changed significantly over the last five years. We have a number of different tools to use as part of the contact process. The traditional way of networking and lead generation has changed to include specialist tools including the following:
- Commercial real estate websites provide marketing solutions for both the properties you list and for you personally. Your name should feature prominently on all of your quality exclusive listings.
- The process of blogging on the Internet is extremely powerful when it comes to commercial real estate agency. In simple terms you can build your profile as a property expert in the local area. You simply need to establish a relevant and interesting property blog that shares information about the local area and your property specialty.
- E-mail marketing allows you to keep in contact with your clients and prospects efficiently and effectively regards quality properties. As part of that process you should have a weekly or fortnightly newsletter that is dispatched to your e-mail database list.
- Any direct mail sent to prospects and clients is highly effective. If anything the process is more effective than ever before because most salespeople and agencies send emails rather than the traditional direct mail or correspondence. The direct mail process is therefore more notable and therefore inclined to be read. When you send any direct mail piece you should include your business card. Whilst the letter may be discarded, the business card is likely to be kept.
- Mail merge strategies apply in many different ways when it comes to client and prospect contact today. It is very simple to send out lots of letters and brochures to qualified prospects. That being said, you do need to follow-up every letter that you send out.
- Brochure marketing should occur directly to all of the prospects and clients that you have identified. It is simply a matter of matching their property requirements to the brochures that you send out. Brochure marketing should involve a degree of direct follow-up through a focused telephone call.
- Specifically designed databases and software technology will help you capture property information and property requirements. It should be said that the quality of the information that you capture will impact the results that you can achieve. Maintain database quality at all times.
- Mobile telephone systems support convenient and ongoing regular contact with your database.
- Social media tools exist and can be merged into your website and Internet Marketing alternatives.
- Cold calling techniques should still occur on a daily basis. The telephone is still the most efficient way to make contact with a lot of people.
- Personally canvassing a local area will help you with identifying the right properties and the right clients to work with. Get into your local area every day.
- Networking groups associated with the commercial property industry are always available to help your lead generation process. Identify the groups that contain property owners and business leaders. Join those groups and participate in ongoing meetings.
It could be said that it is easier today to be a good agent and sometimes even a top agent in your local area. The tools are available for us to use; It is simply a matter of agents using them proficiently and effectively.
When you establish a prospect or a potential client in your local area, load them into your contact strategy process. The commercial real estate agency industry is built on personal relationships. Some of those relationships take months if not years to consolidate and grow.
The property cycle in commercial real estate today can be lengthy; you need to be there for the long term. That's what top agents do.